How to Advertise and Market a Website Successfully: 5 Steps to Follow
How to promote your website and get visitors to your site? Follow these 5 steps and learn how to advertise and market a website successfully!
Are you a website owner looking for ways to promote your business and get more visitors to your site? Don’t worry as you have come to the right place! There are a lot of ways you can use to attract the attention of your target audience, for example Shopify is a platform that allows you to choose a stylish ecommerce website design and also to easily customize your online store, which is very handy if you are a beginner in this online business world, to check out some more information, click here.
Now, we are going to introduce you to the 5 crucial steps that will help you advertise and market a website successfully. Here is how to do it:
- Understand and Familiarize With the Internet Marketing Jargon – Marketing has a ton of jargon and phrases you must know such as retargeting, inventory, mindshare, and others. Internet marketing has even more, for instance: CPM, CPC, and CPA. These are three different ways you can pay for your advertisement. CPM stands for cost per thousand impressions and you should pay a specific set rate every time your advertisement is presented, CPS or cost per slick is when you pay a rate every time your advertisement is clicked, and CPA or cost per action is when you pay when someone who clicks your advertisement does something on your site as well. These are a lot of words and phrases you need to understand and familiarize with in order to know how to use them properly.
- Determining Your Marketing Options – There are a lot of advertising and marketing options out there and you need to determine which ones are suitable for you. The main marketing options are Text Ads, Banner Ads, Native Ads (the ads that show within the content), Google, Bing & Yahoo, Social Media Networks (Facebook, LinkedIn, Instagram, Twitter, Pinterest), Taboola and Outbrain (these are very popular sponsored content platforms and they are known for placing the odd-looking stories and news beneath online articles. They are cheap and can attract lots of attention), and etc.
- Analyze and Track Everything – The reason why digital marketing is much more interesting than traditional marketing is because you can track absolutely everything. You can track your marketing efforts or your advertisement campaigns and compare the results thanks to Google Analytics. Before you start using this tool, you need to know where to look in Google Analytics and how to use the URL builder.
- Build Landing Pages – A very important rule to keep in mind is never send a potential buyer to your homepage, instead build a landing page and send the visitor there. You should build landing pages for every single marketing campaign or ad you are currently running. Look at these pages as part of your marketing campaign and ensure they are beautiful and unique.
- Test, Test, Test – You learn different keyword strategies and you learn new marketing concepts by utilizing different marketing platforms. You can improve the effectiveness and the performance of your landing pages by testing your best performing advertisements. What we are trying to say here is that you can’t set a marketing campaign or an ad and forget it. You need to watch it, analyze it, and test it. By doing so, you will be able to say whether a certain ad has a result or not and you will know exactly what type of marketing campaigns are suitable for your type of business.